Dr. Martyn Miller
Assistant VP of International Affairs at Temple University, Chairman of StudyPA a consortium of higher education institutions in Pennsylvania
In this episode, Dr. Martyn Miller was interviewed by Bakhtiyor Isoev. Dr. Martyn Miller, Assistant VP of International Affairs at Temple University, Chairman of StudyPA a consortium of higher education institutions in Pennsylvania. Dr. Miller, holds master’s and doctoral degrees in Fantasy and Medieval English Literature from The University of Georgia and a bachelor’s degree (with distinction) in English Literature and Teaching Diploma in English as a Foreign Language from the American University of Beirut.
Dr. Miller has held leadership positions in such organizations as Georgia Association of International Educators, Georgia TESOL, NAFSA: Association of International Educators, the Pennsylvania Council on International Education (PaCIE), and TESOL; and he currently serves as inaugural Chair of StudyPA. An Arab-American, Dr. Miller grew up in Syria and Lebanon and has lived in the U.S. since graduating from AUB.
In the podcast, Dr. Miller will share his insights about creating successful international student programming that sets international students for success beyond the classroom. You will learn first hand from someone well experienced both as a scholar, but also as a leader who ran some of the most successful international programs and internationalization efforts with higher education institutions in Pennsylvania.
Empowering International Student Success in Pennsylvania
- How International Education Impacting Global Citizenship and Cultural Exchanges
- Setting up Programming Impacting Student Success Outside of Classroom
- Creating Employment Opportunities for Student to Obtained Curriculum Vitae
- Encouraging International Students from around the world by Creating Unified Messaging
- How International Students and Immigrants Contributes and Been Beneficial to the U.S as a Whole
- Importance of Mental Health Issues for International Students