Dr. Shakeer Abdullah
Vice President of Student Affairs Clayton State University
In this episode, Dr. Shakeer Abdullah was interviewed by Bakhtiyor Isoev. Dr. Shakeer Abdullah earned his undergraduate degree from Wittenberg University, his M.A. in Higher Education and Student Affairs from the Ohio State University, and his Ph.D. in the Administration of Higher Education from Auburn University. His education includes extensive international study including travel to Lumbadzi, Malawi and participation in programs at the University of Cairo (Cairo, Egypt) and Lancaster University (Lancaster, England).
Since August of 2018, Dr. Abdullah has served as the Vice President of Student Affairs at Clayton State University. In this role he serves as the chief student affairs officer and advisor to the President on all matters pertaining to student life. He works to build strong partnerships across campus and in the local community; identify and implement innovative approaches to addressing student needs including learning outcomes; collect, analyze, and share data to support new and existing programs; and actively promote a welcoming environment for all students, staff, faculty, and community members from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
In the podcast, Dr. Shaakeer Abdullaha will share his insights Leveraging Multicultural Competence to Support Student Success.
- Leveraging Multicultural Competence to Support Student Success
- Getting into the Field of Student Affairs
- Student Success in Higher Education
- Component of Student Success Outside of Classroom
- Self-regulation Critical Piece for Student Success
- Multicultural Competence
- Educational Entrepreneurship Challenges
- Biggest Opportunity and innovative Work for Student Success Transformation