Dr. Tom Harnisch
Vice President of Government Relations at SHEEO (State Higher Education Executive Officers Association)
In this episode, Dr. Tom Harnisch was interviewed by Bakhtiyor Isoev. Dr. Tom Harnisch joined SHEEO in January 2020. As vice president for government relations, Dr. Harnisch will be located in Washington, D.C., where his primary leadership responsibility will be for planning, implementing, and coordinating SHEEO’s portfolio of federal relations, policy, communication, and advocacy work.
He will monitor new and potential federal actions (legislation, rules, and other policies and actions) that have relevance for our membership. Dr. Harnisch will also be responsible for bringing these issues to the attention of SHEEO staff and SHEEO’s membership and for articulating their potential impact on our members and the institutions and students they serve.
In this episode, Dr. Tom Harnisch will share his insights about Greater Collaboration and Impact in Higher Education
- Getting into the Field of Higher Education
- Challenges in Higher Education Institutions
- Challenges in Student Success
- Opportunities in Education brought by Pandemic
- Leader in Higher Education
- Biden’s Policy on Higher Education
- Transformation of Higher Education